Proposal for the 10k NFT Sweep

The purpose of purchasing these NFTs is to explore other applications of our DAO and how we can tightly interact with another community. I expect we will learn a lot about new tooling needs, new frameworks needs, and we will likely find a new group of people we can share our enthusiasm and passion for decentralisation with.

10k USDC will be sent to the GrapevviL94JZRiZwn2LjpWtmDacXU8QhAJvzpUMMFdL wallet – this wallet has traditionally acted as our escrow wallet and is accessible by @DeanMachine @BillysDisc_rd and @Whale_s_Friend . Im choosing this wallet instead of a squads because it will be MUCH easier to operationalise the purchase and the sending of assets, and will also save us on SOL transaction costs.

Most of the 10k USDC will be deployed purchasing NFTs near the floor of the selected project. Any USDC remaining will be sent to the treasury. These NFTs will be purchased over 30 days. At any time we can decide to stop purchasing these NFTs and return the remainder of the USDC to the treasury.

The NFTs will remain in this wallet until there is a next step on managing these NFTs.

Options could include:

Depositing to the NFT Council
Depositing to the Realms Treasury
Making a new squads/unq club to manage the NFTs
Or any other idea the DAO proposes

5 Likes

I greatly appreciate the clarity in purpose and execution that you’ve laid out.

The proposed amount is not an insignificant sum but has proved very successful in drawing members of the listed communirties into grape which certainly is a great success in itself.

To me the top two projects of the vote, Bears Reloaded and UNQ Universe, are the most closely alligned with Grapes guiding tenents. Hopefully they pitch well.

Post pitching will there be a second discord vote for the project/collection that will be put forwad for the on-chain vote? And if a representative from a projects doesn’t come forward to pitch are they out of the running?

7 Likes

“I expect we will learn a lot about new tooling needs, new frameworks needs, and we will likely find a new group of people we can share our enthusiasm and passion for decentralization with”

How are we hoping to learn more about the other community needs by purchasing their NFTs ? Is the idea to lend these NFTs out to individual grape members so that they can participate in those communities as verified holders?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.