Buy up to 50 Saga Phones for committed DAO Members

This is the reference thread for this Realms proposal: Pre-order 50 Saga Phones for committed DAO Members

This thread is intended to:

1. List suitable candidates for a pre-order slot
  2. Finalize requirements a member must meet for them to get a Saga Phone

Pre-order proposal:

The proposal aims at pre-ordering 50 Saga Phones for committed Grape DAO Members, which requires a deposit of 5,000 (5k) refundable $USDC. These $USDC would be used to reserve 50 pre-order slots that later enable us to buy up to 50 Saga Phones from Solana Mobile (see reference below). The idea is to give up to 50 Saga Phones to exceptionally committed Grape DAO Members who show continued engagement and make Grape to what it is. As discussed in the DAO Call on July 24th, there will be a list of up to 50 candidates eligible to receive a pre-order allocation due to their work within Grape and the Grape DAO. This list will stay open no longer than the day when final orders can be placed. At that time, a member must meet additional requirements to be eligible for the full payment needed to obtain a Saga Phone, e.g., be able to create realms proposals. It has been suggested, though, that members on the pre-order list, who don’t meet these requirements, may keep the down payment of 100 $USDC if they transfer the difference needed to get a Saga. This way, the DAO recognizes their work and incentivizes engagement.

Here is the member list for a pre-order slot as of July 24th 2022:

1. Alexperts
  2. Arximedis
  3. avidlearner
  4. Barndog
  5. Baruska
  6. Billy
  7. Butter
  8. Cavicon
  9. Coffeeattack
  10. Crex
  11. CryptoPawz
  12. Dean
  13. Dim
  14. Dynite
  15. Favour
  16. Godslove
  17. Jahris
  18. Kirk
  19. Legend
  20. Metaverse
  21. Pavelsan
  22. Pontes
  23. Portor
  24. Riderinred
  25. Ridho
  26. RipTyde
  27. Rust&moth
  28. Savage
  29. Scientistjoe
  30. Star flash
  31. Takisoul
  32. Tariq
  33. Whalesfriend
15 Likes

Let me start the conversation by posting what @DeanMachine suggested on Discord:

List of possible requirements:

• be able to make a realms proposal (have 200k $GRAPE)
  • be a Neanderthal

Feel free to add ideas so that we’re ready once the Saga Phones can be ordered.

We also need to talk about the process of shipping the phones.

8 Likes

this is great. Having this puts the Gaming Council in a position to engage games which might want to build unique experiences there.

2 Likes

Is the plan to get them initially sent to one user then distributed from there? As i see not all regions are eligible to purchase them from the site.

1 Like

can i be added to this list?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Active member:

1. Attending over 70% of DAO calls?
  2. Participation in governance
    —Realms Proposals created?
    —Realms proposals voted on?
  3. Community engagement ranking by our members within GRAPE?
  4. Wallet txs :eye:

We can run a poll that can have some weight on whether or not an individual should gain one.

Ideally, this would all be weighted.

Should we do a raffle in GRAPE for a SAGA phone? Market the fuck out of our DAOness

1 Like

Great points here, but these were based off previous contribution to the DAO, i see many names that are no longer part of the DAO or have been off for a while… maybe raffle those spots out, or replace them with active DAO members… I also love the active member requirements details…

Hi everyone,

I would love to add my name(Sejal Rekhan) to the list as I joined the DAO 3 months back and have been active since then. From creating a handbook for the DAO - which I took up immediately as soon as I joined because there was no proper documentation of everything Grape was doing and now running a podcast. Despite the struggle for funds for editing - I managed to make the episodes ready. Apart from that I have attended most of the DAO calls. I am also looking forward to hosting workshops, roundtables and other events which will help with putting the word out and increase the brand value.

More than the phone, this will keep me motivated and reinforce that it is really the work that matters.

3 Likes

Good to have you onboard… love ur insights already… would be great to see you have one…

1 Like
  1. I love the idea of measuring attendance, but not sure it is very quantifiable.
  2. Participation in governance: having voted in 80% of the proposals in the past 6 months
  3. Participation in governance: Having made at least 2 successful proposals within the past 6 months.
  4. Membership: I believe if one wishes to be considered to receive a 1k worth phone, a requirement to be a Neanderthal class should be a given.
  5. Very positive and in support of raffling 1-3 phones for great exposure.
  6. Other criteria would be to have received emissions/compensation for contributions in the past 6-8 months.
2 Likes

If I may, let’s say there’s a total of 10 criteria and if someone passes like 5 or lower, they get considered

1 Like

Agree, if somebody passes the base criteria (e.g. DAO Member and Neanderthal) we should not exclude them prematurely

As I mentioned during our last DAO call, for me it would be a combination of several criteria in different categories.

Categories with corresponding criteria could be:

1. DAO participation:
    – DAO Call attendance over the last X months
    – Posting habits on Discourse & Discord
    – Voting on Realms

2. DAO commitment:
    – Neanderthal Role achieved through Grape emissions
    – Posting habits on Discourse
    – DAO Core Role for at least X months
    – Proposal creation
    – multisig key-holder / council token holder

It’s not important to meet every criterion but a combination in each of the two categories. I’m also in favor of doing a raffle for members that might pass category 1 but not category 2.

Once we agree on a final list, it would be up to the individual member to provide proof that they qualify for one or both of the categories.

4 Likes

just a few points. I can go buy grape and be eligible as a neatherdal (and can sell after getting the phone) so would have to go with PAWZ on this for earning through emmissions but then again i have my main grape added through converting the DL tokens i recieved and not for Grape so dont know if i can be eligible for this criteria at all. My timeline in the DAO is also against me.

Attendance has been pretty good for me but then again i ve been here 3 4 months only, is that enough?

I have always freely spoken of my ideas on discourse and we all know my activity on discord. never shy away :stuck_out_tongue:

i have participated in almost all the votes happened since i joined the DAO, does this go for me?

I am not a multisig holder nor in any council. I do have the honorary last gorilla role, so knowing i am special but am i special enough?

The questions I ve posted is to make a point that all the criterias are generally ifs and buts and can be looked at from both sides. I would suggest we do use these metrics on a google sheet and using the point system (created by the DAO) will give us a good ranking to know who deserves a phone and who doesnt. THose who do get 1, those who are ineligible are ineligible but there will some of us who are somewhere in the middle, for those i propose an individual vote whether they get a phone or not. Its the DAO that should be taking the decision in the most decentralized manner we can think of. my 2 grapes. nanko out.

3 Likes

Looking at this through the lense of giving “DAO Role”, and also trying to make this something that is objectively measured:

DAO call attendance and participation
Membership in a subDAO

For the subDAO portion, each subDAO needs to have some sort of KPI/growth metric that we discuss and measure on the calls. ie for NFT council its trades/growth

If you are a member of a subDAO that doesnt have that – you and your subDAO dont exist when measuring contribution

We can do this on a weekly basis and I think it would bring about more focused conversation