Grape Membership NFT

Drawing inspiration from Orca whirlpools:

It would be nice if each NFT represents the amount of grape staked/locked when it was issued and can be burnt to receive the exact amount of grape locked back. Just that in the case of grape the redemption or claiming process will last over a vesting period. The NFT is transferable and all, but if burnt elsewhere other than the staking contract, the locked grape is irrecoverable forever. More grape can be staked, although in this case maybe the old NFT is burnt in the process and a new one is issued (I don’t know how this works in whirlpools because I haven’t tried staking more).
In terms of implementation I don’t know how easy it’s gonna be for grape, but this is not entirely a foreign concept, proof of concept can be seen with Orca whirlpools.

Pros:
-There’s no limit to the amount of NFT issued as long as there’s grape to stake
-This hinders future dilemmas we might face in terms of monetary value of the NFTs and what not if the NFTs are tradable because they might become overvalued (or undervalued). In this case, selling the NFTs might mean trading off your membership one way or the other.

Cons:
-This might be hard for grape to implement (since we aren’t Orca) and building it to work might take time or hinder progress especially if the mechanism isn’t open-sourced by Orca.
-This in some way might go against progress made thus far around this topic (e.g. using it as pfp, generative art,…) but I’m still putting it out in case it might be an option no one has thought of.
I intended to suggest this on the day this proposal was made but got caught up with other engagements.

2 Likes