Model of operation , communication and general collboration between the MAIN and SUB-DAOS

Hi @_Alexperts.sol !
I’m intrigued to see that someone picks up the topic of DAO and subDAO structuring again. It is indeed something that would help. That said, I think this is something we should discuss in a call because it is easier to talk about such stuff than doing it in writing. Otherwise it’ll take a lot of back and forth.

My main concern would be that while I understand the concept, I don’t see it as feasible, especially not in these market conditions. I remember us trying to get the subDAOs in order when we had the DAO Board. The Board acted (or tried to act) as a monitoring body. It all came (and comes) down to the subDAO Representatives. Who, if you might remember, where introduced as a concept by the former DAO Board. The DAO decided though, that all subDAOs should be free to govern as they see fit.
I don’t see the need for a redundant role per subDAO, since everything the DAO Monitor should do also would be the responsibility of a subDAO Representative.
If you think that there should be a monitoring instance within the Main DAO, you’re basically describing a business unit like Controlling; you’re calling for a Controller.
But since we never had a body with authority to give directives, it’s a bit of a moot point.

For me, it still comes down to the question I posed in this thread: [Discussion] Incubator vs. Service Provider
Because, in the end, it’s all about allocation and flow of money, information and resources and the underlying organizational structure.

3 Likes