1. Proposal Purpose:
Lighthouse and Civic have decided to team up to run a DAO Reputation and Membership Workshop at Breakpoint this year, and we’d like our favorite DAO to join us!
Link to signup: Breakpoint 2022: Reputation and Membership Workshop for Solana Communities Tickets, Sun, Nov 6, 2022 at 2:00 PM | Eventbrite
This workshop is heavily based on the work we’ve been doing on reputation for nearly 6 months. Needless to say, it’s been a fascinating journey so far!
As we’ve built reputation, my team and I have been designing this workshop so other DAOs can do the same exercises as Grape in order to build their own reputation systems.
For this reason, I would like to ask Grape to sponsor the event by contributing $2K and for Grape members to help facilitate this workshop, which would be the first of its kind for Solana.
Grape will be present on the branding and have the opportunity to distribute swag, have a presence at the event, speak, etc.
By way of background, and because it may be relevant, I’ve been a UX designer for nearly 15 years and have spent a good chunk of that time running design and product workshops for small teams and large companies alike. I’m comfortable with creating and running these types of events.
2. Grape Proposal Overview:
- Become an official organizer and sponsor of the Reputation and Membership Workshop at Breakpoint with a $2000 contribution to the event budget.
- The event is already being organized by Lighthouse and Civic. The event details are here:
- Date: November 6, 2022
- Time: 2pm to 5pm UTC
- Location: Google Maps
- Max capacity: 120
- Catering: Coffee, snacks and light refreshments/beer
- Proposed Agenda: Agenda_Reputation and Membership Workshop for Solana Communities - Google Sheets
- Slides and workshop materials: Coming Soon
- How Grape can participate:
- Presented in the marketing and branding of the event
- Put up a stand or space at the workshop
- Help source volunteer facilitators to assist other DAO teams during the workshop
- Select a member to participate in the panel discussion
- Mingle with communities who will all building reputation and membership like us
- Distribute swag or whatever else the community wants
Grape members in Lisbon during Solana Breakpoint
Anyone who has participated in the reputation workshops
Anyone who has contributed to the discussion around reputation
Grape members who have been thinking about membership criteria/credentials
4. Costs/Resource Requirements:
A sponsorship of at least $2000 USDC to cover costs for the event:
- Event space: 1500€ + VAT
- Catering: 2400€ + VAT
- Workshop materials: ~500€ + VAT
- Total expected cost: ~4400€ + VAT = ~5000€
Current division of expenses:
- Civic: $2000
- Lighthouse: $3000
Surplus funds will go towards developing educational content around reputation and membership related to the workshop or running workshops at other events (e.g. Hacker Houses). We are also looking for additional sponsors: big NFT and Defi projects ideally.