Proposal for Grape to expand to Nigeria and other African countries

About organising games… its clear in our Gitbook since day one that you need to hold a class before you can be able to participate in community events. So is there any other way we can engage this set of people?

If its gaming how well do you plan to reach out to the gamers to get grape and join the course of P2E more grapes.

1 Like

I love the idea of getting grape more culture diversity. May I ask what language do most Nigerian crypto users speak? We created GrapeCN and GrapeIDN as independent subDAOs not only because of geographical reasons, but also due to the need or market demand of growing non-English speaking communities. Many people’s mother tongue isn’t English, language barriers prevent people from gaining a deeper understanding of crypto projects. That’s why we gave GrapeCN and GrapeIDN budgets to produce more non-English content since Google Translate isn’t accurate when translating English to Mandarin and Bahasa. The work can only be done by bilingual people who also have deep knowledge in crypto (otherwise the translation and other original content won’t be accurate), which means current subDAOs can’t finish this kind of work.

I’m not sure what do you mean by ‘expand’ and what kind of help you need from Grape. If you require help from the current subDAOs, we can send work requests to them and ask them to create content or event to attract more Nigerian crypto users. My questions are, do you require budget? If you do, is there anything you can’t get from current subDAOs and feel it’s necessary to recruit more Nigerian community members to do it? One specific example I can give you here would be large cultural events which you host in Grape discord server to promote culture exchange, these can only be done by Nigerian crypto users.

1 Like

You can’t share your idea? Why?, It’s an open discussion buddy, this is my first proposal buddy, I don’t understand what you mean by it not following up.

1. We can come up with ways buddy, we can run paid adverts and lot’s more. I also said we can start bit by bit to see the results, then determine the next move

2.the grape events and activities it’s enough to keep them engage buddy, if you feel it’s not enough, you can always relate that with the CC.

1 Like

Yes it well stated in our git book, that you need to Belong to a class to participate in events, I’m fully aware, it can also be changed as well. Thinking of other ways to engage the community, the educational videos and AMA by @MetaVerse_Explorer and @Barndog should be good enough for now, as time goes on we can improve on this.

The gamers are mostly students,this can be our Target about the p2E .

1 Like

The Nigerian native language is the pidgin language, broken English. But they are other languages in the country like igbo, Hausa and yourba. If we will be needing the translation here it will be for other countries like south Africa, Ghana and the rest.

Expand in the sense, that we will be trying to reach out to other African countries as well. A budget will be required but not now, later see how far we can go without a budget, and if we can’t go far without one then I will put forward a proposal. Since we are still trying to get the word out, I think I can task the current Nigeria community to do that and watch out for the results

Awesome idea about the cultural exchange.

2 Likes

You want me to add my “IDEA” which I have none… Since u brought it up, it would be nice to lay emphasis on how to make this plan work… this is how proposal works. You bring one up, add how to go about making it work, if the DAO sees something ok that we vote on it or even add our own thoughts, but here :wink: I want to know how you want to carry our this plan, because we host enough events and have a scholarship running…if you have ways to engage this community u talk about we would be glad to hear Ma.

1 Like

@MetaVerse_Explorer and @Barndog AMA could be a start. My question is how do you plan to get this community in to frequent Metaverse explorers AND Barndogs AMA knowing they must meet a certain requirement to be allowed In The AMA stage.

1 Like

Nigeria first language is English, pidgin has never been Nigerians native language, though most regions use abstract English also known as “Pidgin english”, but English is NigeriansOfficial Language. French is Nigerians second language.

So majority of Nigeria understand English, more than their mother tongue(igbo, hausa, yoruba)

2 Likes

I like the idea, there are almost 13 million Nigerian people currently holding crypto.

I think it definitely gonna benifit grape , we can also try to approach Indian and USA people to join grape because almost 100 million indian people currently holding crypto and 27 million people from USA are holding crypto

Alright buddy, I feel you are not seeing the picture here, if this was to be asking for a budget I will actually understand your point, but right now I don’t. The Grape community needs this as well, to boost participation in events and discord activities, the Grape social media accounts can also use the boost as well. You keep reminding me about the scholarship, do you want me to ask the current Nigeria community to apply for the scholarship so they can have grape to Participate in events or you can let us educate them on grape and it’s benefits, so they see a reason to buy and hold Grape? The currently weekly events is also another reason Plus the free educational videos and experience the grape discord has to offer. I’m not demanding immediate action buddy, all good things take time, so give us to work on this properly.

They both have respective YouTube channels, that’s a start.

Awesome! So my idea here will be to test our approach method (no specific idea yet, still open to suggestions) on the Nigerian community, they fix our errors (if any) on other communities. What do you guys think?

1 Like

I like the idea in general of engaging the Nigerian crypto community in particular and the greater African one in general (along with any other substantial geographical crypto group), and I admire the aspiration. However, I don’t see an actionable proposal here. Either that or I got lost in the conversation. The OP eloquently states why we should have greater engagement with said communities, but there isn’t any description of how we might do this. Scanning the comments, I see talk of Twitter, YT, etc., but these are things we already do and they benefit all English-speaking people Nigerians included. What I’d like to see in the OP is what we could be doing differently to improve our approach. Such improvements could benefit Nigerians, Africans, and any other geographical group moving forward.

1 Like

I followed the discussion with interest since you seem to be very passionate about it. I don’t see any proposal right now but intentions. That’s why I urge you to just go ahead and try it :slightly_smiling_face:
If you encounter any obstacles, point them out and we can bounce ideas. It’s always valuable for us to know why onboarding isn’t working or what we can do better.

Also, I’m not sure why the specific focus in Nigerians but if you think that you’re better in understanding this target group, why not. Maybe you can do it as an experiment and make protocol of what was tried and how and what the results were.

3 Likes

I’m not sure Grape should focus it’s attention / promotion towards any 1 nation or Continent. The benefits of membership should be made apparent to all and the welcome made to all. If a decent sized group from 1 location naturally forms, then I am all for supporting (as with Pandas). A compelling case may be made for Nigeria, just as it may be for Cameroon or India or countless other countries.

I don’t mean to be negative about this. If there were a specific proposal, it might well be something I’d vote yes on.

1 Like

Awesome! Can’t wait to have more cultural exchange events with Africa community! We are building not only a crypto community here, we are building a Web3 DAO which would be inclusive enough for everyone!

I support this proposal, I know this is your first proposal and you may have a broad idea but not many details in head at this stage. We may brainstorm ideas together and find out a detailed strategy or plan. Let me know if you need any help! GrapeCN and GrapeIDN are also planning on cultural exchange events!

1 Like

I get the idea of expand Nigerian community and then reaching more African crypto users. I always pay attention to language channels in different discord servers, and I do agree that there are many Nigerian in the crypto space. It’s not about ‘grow certain regional community if it has decent size of grape members’; it’s about being the very first DAO that actually shows care to them and takes the initiative to make the entire onboarding process (web2 to Web3) more user friendly for them. This is how we increase the user stickiness.

As Favour said, we would see how far we can go without using the budget. Btw both GrapeCN and GrapeIDN haven’t use the budgets yet.

Before I worked closely with GrapeIDN, I didn’t even know that we had so many talented Indonesian designers. They’ve done amazing designs for Grape. Fostering a culture of inclusion and celebrating diverse cultural backgrounds will be a huge asset for Grape.

1 Like

I totally understand you buddy, we have CC subdao doing and amazing job producing this videos, getting the AMA, and writing the articles and lot’s more, it will be Great to actually have someone or a set of people spreading the word about grape to the world and in this case the African continent in particular. The approach method will be basically educate and dominate.

1 Like

Thank you @CryptoPawz. No current proposal, the proposal will be prior to getting a bubget, seeing we lots of Left over grape from events, I feel that can used for this as well, just saying. If there are any obstacles or difficulties, I will be very glad to share it with you.

The focus is on Nigeria simply because I’m from Nigeria, and this are people I can relate with also with the reaching out to other African countries won’t be difficult. let’s see how they react them the results can be used to determine the next step, I will be in touch with the CC subdao to see what they think and how they react, that will be our start. Yeah this is will be an expirement, Awesome @CryptoPawz thank you Buddy :blush:.

The focus is on everyone as well, not just Nigeria/Africa, we intend to go global right? Well it can’t be done in a day, so we have to start little, see this as baby steps to reaching out to our global audience if you may.

1 Like