Emissions based on market demand for grape

With the dump in price of $Grape, I suggest emissions to be sent out based on market demand for grape to reduce dump. I also think skill role emissions should be based of KPI rather than effort put in. We should protect token $Grape, and i think we have been giving away too many, or maybe introduce a locked system for some reward instead of sending it out so people can dump and come back for more. I believe the $Grape token is undervalued by the way (amount of tokens) we reward people using $Grape.

8 Likes

You are on the right path with this one! Thanks @Tariqstp1

2 Likes

I agree on this point, I would though agree more on a locked period of time …Thank you

1 Like

Thanks @Tariqstp1 - I think this relates to what “Metrics” would define the KPI for the respective SubDAOs. Feel free to add this point to either conversation happening here:

[Discussion] Emissions Model Review: Part 1 of 2 - Metrics & Methods
[Discussion] Emissions Model Review: Part 2 of 2 - Models & Merits

2 Likes

Reason for this proposal is because we call $Grape a membership token, meaning people get paid for doing great work. Looking at the price of grape it shows every SubDAO is failing at marketing grape. So my call is pay out emissions once great work is done.

1 Like

Also if metrics are not hit every epoch everyone from rah SubDAO who put in work should be compensated with X amount of grape.

2 Likes

We are aligned here.
As a conversation started, what would be some KPIs you would introduce for example for Moderators? (using just one example that is close to your expertise within the community).

2 Likes

The moderation work is spelt out, helping provide good and swift service to new users, engaging them, and help in fastening grape access setup… with no doubt the moderation team is the only team hitting their respective metrics, but other SubDAOs needs to step up… I don’t want anymore grape paid out till we are aligned on why the individual earned that… I don’t care if its me or anyone.

For the content creators especially when it comes to writing, for some reasons we should be reaching out to crypto blogs to have our news in their headline, that’s a nice way to gain exposure… every subDAO need to find a metric they need to hit to keep Grape in the spotlight.

2 Likes

I am totally agree, lock all the emissions for couples of months, user can able to see the emissions but not able to withdraw it

2 Likes

You are not providing any measurable metric here.

Helping provide good and swift service to new users

How is this measured to distinguish better mods than others?
Fast response (is this a contest?)
Long response? (is this a writing contest?)
How do you define cases assisted per moderator for example?

help in fastening grape access setup

This is the easiest of them all: Setups assisted on, setups completed etc. This will require all moderators to participate in this process though because currently not all moderators help in setups. What happens to the ones that do not assist in setups? Are they not good moderators because of that?

This I think is the current consensus.

2 Likes

The moderation work is the most spelt out work in the SubDAO… there work is not to onboard new members, but to keep chats healthy. This is what their work is all about, unlike community creators, researchers, designers & videographers. I haven’t any of the SubDAO produce educative contents which featured in top blog posts.

2 Likes

I never said that moderators are here to onboard new members (which they kind of do to be honest).
You can safely say that we can not expect from moderators to be a direct means of members acquisition.
But indirectly, the level of coolness in our mods IS a point towards member retention

Again, the discussion revolves on how we can evaluate with merit the work of our workforce.

Since moderation work is so spelled out can you please tell me how do you evaluate a good mod from a not so good moderator?

We have 2 Twitter accounts, with almost 35k followers.
Our medium page has 573 followers
SHILLzine is the most read zine on Solana and we push content there in every issue.
We recently welcomed @GoonMachine of Solana News w 74k followers.
What are the ‘top blog posts’ you think we are missing?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.