1. Project Overview
- Grape is a DAO, we are not only building DAO toolset but also building our community in the metaverse. Currently, we neither have a strong consensus nor a community culture. Most of the contests we organized in the past are off-chain game contests which don’t help us with establishing our brand image as a Web3 project at all. People get their rewards and immediately dump on us.
Culture adds value to NFT projects and DAOs. There are so many DAOs nowadays, what makes Grape unique? Grape is aiming to be the very first global DAO and creates a metaverse that is culturally inclusive for everybody. People of all cultural orientations can freely express and share a wide array of perspectives.
New Year is coming, different cultures around the world celebrate the start of a new year differently, it’s a good time for us to seek publicity and promote cultural exchange in the Solana ecosystem. Hence I propose that we organize a series of events to:
2. Project Objectives
- Strengthen brand image and form a strong community consensus，(3, 3)
- Build social cohesion in our communities
- Boost brand awareness and bring more exposure to our social accounts (grapevine, grape calendar, etc.)
- Attract more Skill Roles by promoting inclusiveness, also attract people from other Solana projects
- Promote activeness of Grape community members
- Increase numbers of holders
- The cultural blending, let community members exchange their cultures with others
I want to keep it mysterious, so I won’t leak too much info here
- A series of NFT mascots, NFT scenes, NFT badges (POAP), NFT avatars, and avatar frames. These NFTs have different cultural elements.
- Cultural events / contests. We invite communities from different regions to design their own games and NFTs, community members can deepen their understanding of Grape and other cultures by participating in this series of activities
- All these NFTs will be seasonal and limited editions. To promote the activeness of Grape community members and cultural exchange, the more events a member participates in, the more limited edition NFTs a member will get. We will create different sizes of prize pools, NFT holders will receive different amounts of raffle tickets. We can also design retrospective rewards and mysterious boxes, we take snapshots before an announcement so that we can get rid of airdrop hunters.
5. Organizational Structure and Workflow
Since it’s a series of large events, Pandas Crew will collaborate with other subDAOs. We are a small team and we need support from you guys : )
To reduce language barriers/ time zone conflicts, and have better project integration management, we also propose to create the following temples to improve work efficiency：
- Text-based note-taking to explain the concepts of design. You can just quote other articles, make highlights, and put them together into a reference list.
- Visual examples. You can make more visual examples into collages to show the illustration styles that you are trying to express.
- A spreadsheet of skill sets, such as who’s able to 2d sketches, who’s able to turn 2d sketches into 3D.
- A detailed schedule and timeline. Discord isn’t an ideal workplace for remote teams, probably we need to move docs to Notion/ Google Docs.