January Emission v1 - Provide Feedback

The goal of our monthly emissions is to distribute GRAPE in a wide and fair fashion. Our community runs on merit, so the bulk of our emissions are given as a result of “skilled activity” or “proof of social work”.

Note:
Any remaining emissions will be returned to the treasury

1.Membership emission:

Roles $GRAPE Accounts Total $GRAPE
Gibbons 53 2230 :grapes:118,190
Great Apes 263 1070 :grapes:281,410
Gorillas 1054 559 :grapes:589,186

-4.9% increase from December emissions

2. Market Maker Loan (3rd of 12th month)

• $GRAPE- :grapes:833,000

3. Skill Roles

Roles $GRAPE Accounts Total $GRAPE %Change
Researcher tiered 11 :grapes:150,000
Creative tiered XX :grapes:492,500
Moderator tiered 11 :grapes:295,000
Organizer tiered 9 :grapes:72,000
Developer tiered 8 :grapes:128,000
Calendar 5,000.00 4 :grapes:20,000
Voice Actor 5,000.00 1 :grapes:5,000
Panda Crew tiered 8 :grapes:100,000
Garuda Crew tiered 6 :grapes:70,000

-This epoch marked the first on the unification of Team Videographer, Team Designer, Team CC, and our YT guy.

-Crew role has been retired as it has fulfilled its role. Thank you.

—Will list numbers of designer, CC, videographer later–

4. NFT Council and DAO Board

Members $GRAPE Accounts $GRAPE
NFT Council 4,166 6 :grapes:25,000
DAO Board 20,000 5 :grapes:100,000

5. Bulk Payouts

Bulk Payouts $GRAPE
Contests :grapes:500,000
Pandas Growth Grant :grapes:50,000
Garuda Growth Grant :grapes:50,000

-GRAPE Awards was terminated.

-Contests, rewards for events for the whole month

-Pandas Growth Grant to promote the growth of the Chinese part of the server. Encourage the creation of the Panda SubDAO and promote inclusivity by organizing events, translations, tutorials, Chinese Social Media Presence, etc.

-Garuda Growth Grant ‘’-see above-’’

Summary $GRAPE
Total Coins :grapes:5,000,000
Remaining Coins XXXXXXX
Coins Spent XXXXXXXX
2 Likes

I do not agree with the developer allocation:
Developer tiered 8 :grapes:128,000

I am requesting that this allocation be at minimum 200k and distributed according to actual work contributed per emission epoch

5 Likes

I think we should try and balance the emission rate of grapes with the current market, and I will love if we can introduce lock mechanism to grapes tool. The emission might also have little effect on the current price of grapes

1 Like

Totally agree with you. But distribution among the devs should be handled by the individual SubDAO leader (I suppose it’s you kirk?)
In addition to a higher allocation I think we should have development grants in the future.

Also, the removal of Crew allocation is fine since every member has another skill role and we removed the cap. But if you look at Garuda Crew for example, it’s the same concept. Almost every member has another skill role and gets extra allocation + grants. I think its great to help these communities grow, but we should closely monitor the results and effectiveness of these roles and grants. As well as the general workload.

1 Like

Your assumption that I am leading the Dev SubDao is correct; I would be evaluating who has actively contributed and has provided utility for Grape for that epoch/month.

Note that for the month of January there are no bounties or grants in place, hence the emissions will need to be reflective for the mentioned month in respect to the value developers provide for Grape. 128k is not only unattractive to any developer in this ecosystem but displays that Grape does not reward the contribution and value our devs have provided for the month of January. To put this in perspective and to further answer your following point regarding grants/bounties:

As for February I will be open to a considerably reduced emission plan (or even no emissions) as long as this is done for the entire Grape Ecosystem with bounties and grants in place to reward actual work which should be applicable to all, this should be universal and not selective.

Hence I am proposing that the amount of Grape emissions allocation for developers for the month of January be at least 200k grape which will be allocated in tiers with proof of work contributed that has been applied and in use by grape, note that this is again a very low amount and not reflective of the time and effort few developers have put in maintaining & building out for Grape.

4 Likes

What is the % increase relatively to December for CC according to this draft?

They were allocated an extra 10k GRAPE, so 2% I believe. But certain sub-daos were allocated a small increase.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.