Reputation System for GRAPE DAO

In response to: Reputation system for GRAPE

----Defining Attestation Fields

From concept to reality, how do we as GRAPE measure the contribution activity and value creation within the community. We will issue attestations to GRAPE members which will then be used for governance to help with decisions GRAPE is making.

NTTs seem to offer a nice experiment for GRAPE to transition from an equity-based (moor GRAPE+moor vote) format into one that allows the “earning of user-governance” and would incorporate a “DAO/human relationship” aspect for a fair share of voting (merit over your bag). Might need to read that again*
–“Essentially, stronger voting power to the true contributors of GRAPE.”

The framework for reputation based NTTs or SBTs (I use them interchangeably, chill) can 100% be utilized into the DAO framework that GRAPE will look to build; potentially as a blueprint for other Solana DAOs as well.

Two questions came to mind……

1. What are the needs of the DAO
  2. What do we value the most?

Attestations to consider building out and what we want to capture
(poll vote later, some are vague on purpose)

• Voting
  • Staking
  • Achievements (proposal creation, hosting an AMA)
  • Donating
  • Collaboration
  • Participation (discord call, twitter space, feedback)
  • Contributions (designs, content creation)
  • Affiliations
  • Credentials
  • Bounties

These can and need to be broken down into two areas, “objective” (easily retrievable info on-chain) and “subjective( off-chain and not collectible).”

GRAPE Web3 Identity will focus into 2 areas
-collects attestation

-earn reputation milestones NFTs

I think this would be fun to showcase contributions on a deeper level.
This would also eliminate the need for NFT membership for me.

Milestones Examples:

* Omega GRAPE
* Alpha GRAPE (x-men anybody?)
* Etc.
* Etc.
* Etc.
* Baby GRAPE
> >>(This could be a fun design bounty down the road)

Questions:

1. (Do we or) Will these milestones carry reputation weight?
    (point system or NFT towards governance)
    A. Do we want automatic dynamic removal of these milestones?
  2. What should the name of our reputation or NTT program be?
    -Podo (korean for GRAPE)
    -Uva (spanish/latin for GRAPE)
    -Wine
  3. Multipliers; is this something we want to consider for (build into realms)
    -skillroles
    -membership
    -milestones
    3.5. Should milestones grant access to gated areas or permissions?
    A. Discord, Discourse, Twitter control
  4. (Should we) How do we limit the influence of early adopters within the community in respect to NTTs…assuming bad actors? Is this something we even want?
  5. How should we incorporate compensation tied to NTTs?
  6. Should we have the authority to revoke NTTs?
  7. Do we want qualifications/criteria in order to earn NTTs? (staked onto realms, membership level,)
  8. How would we develop a structure to maintain the issuance of NTTs?
    A. on a sub-dao level, mulit sig level
    B. How do we incentivize this. (receive attestations
  9. NTT for vote of elected positions within the DAO.
  10. Privacy of attestations?
  11. How many points do we give for an attestation, and how do we value a task?
  12. How can we establish a range for these attestations?
  13. How will we store attestation data?
  14. Consent Form: What consents do we want to have before issuing NTTs? What conditions do we want?

These are probably too much to consider for the time being, but wanted to jot down my thoughts and questions.

Goal:
To discover which attestations we want to highlight for our community then build out form fields in a descriptive representative model that is ideally something easy to execute and understand.

This is obviously very new tech, any feedback would be appreciated as we continue to flesh this out. The purpose of this is to guide the conversation into something we can make for ourselves.

Cheers to Potrok and GodsLove for our chats on this.

8 Likes

In a first iteration, id propose the simplest version of a reputation system, one that is binary and a member either has the NTT or does not

Defining the point system should be something we look to do AFTER we assign an initial reputation. This will help us create a model AND will allow us to move towards “merit over bag” immediately

Taking a quick step towards this concept, we could allocate a starting reputation that gives an increased voter weight. I’m not sure the implementation will be with NTT or some token that is controlled by PDA, but i digress. Here are some top-of-mind models we could use to proceed on reputation in a fast and simple process

1)Everyone that has the DAO role is given this voter weight and its uniform. (We would need to first be super strict on who has the DAO role)
2)Have a very small group of members be the initial reputation holders and they can vote on adding new members
3)Have non-uniform voting weight and create tiers of reputation. This is more complex IMO and should be avoided unless we feel that there is a very apparent hierarchy of contribution/value/opinion between DAO members

Included in the above models, we could add a few caveats, ie:

No reputation token can be assigned to a member with less than 200,000 GRAPE (its odd to have strong voting power without the minimum proposal amount)

No reputation token can be assigned to a member that has never received a non-membership type emission

No reputation token can be assigned to a member with outstanding, unresolved conflict (ie a pending expectation of an emission – this would be a nightmare)

Going back to your questions, i do want to share my thoughts

1. (Do we or) Will these milestones carry reputation weight?
    (point system or NFT towards governance) - yes, the reputation should lead to governance power
    A. Do we want automatic dynamic removal of these milestones? - ideally both the assignment and removal are done dynamically
  2. What should the name of our reputation or NTT program be?
    -Podo (korean for GRAPE)
    -Uva (spanish/latin for GRAPE)
    -Wine

I like all of these! Id go with Podo

1. Multipliers; is this something we want to consider for (build into realms)
    -skillroles
    -membership
    -milestones
    3.5. Should milestones grant access to gated areas or permissions?
    A. Discord, Discourse, Twitter control

This is tough, i have no opinion on this today

1. (Should we) How do we limit the influence of early adopters within the community in respect to NTTs…assuming bad actors? Is this something we even want?

There are multiple good reasons to think about not giving an unfair advantage to early adopters. IMO we could look to bitcointalk and copy what they do – you cap reputation and you set the highest reputation cap with a requirement of time (for btt that was 18 months)

bad reputation is a little more novel and we’ll need alot of discussion on that. no opinion today

1. How should we incorporate compensation tied to NTTs? The NTT assignment is the “compensation”. Id stop there

2. Should we have the authority to revoke NTTs? Maybe? Or maybe adding negative reputation is enough

3. Do we want qualifications/criteria in order to earn NTTs? (staked onto realms, membership level,) Yes, i think this is a must

4. How would we develop a structure to maintain the issuance of NTTs?
    A. on a sub-dao level, mulit sig level
    B. How do we incentivize this. (receive attestations

Ideally this is done by a program and the entire DAO is part of upgrading it. If there is a team, it becomes a bounty

1. NTT for vote of elected positions within the DAO. Can you expand on this question?
  2. Privacy of attestations? Perhaps?
  3. How many points do we give for an attestation, and how do we value a task? Too advanced for me today
  4. How can we establish a range for these attestations? Same as above
  5. How will we store attestation data? Same as above
  6. Consent Form: What consents do we want to have before issuing NTTs? What conditions do we want? Same as above

Thank you for leading this conversation!

8 Likes

I agree w all these three caveats.

I think we should also approach NTTs w the prism of time.

For example, let’s say we assign an NTT to every DAO member (AFTER we clear house on the criteria of being a DAO member ).

Should a person they has spend more time as a DAO member accumulate more and more governance vs a person that spent one month in the DAO then left. Imo the $GRAPE governance power attached to the NTT should burn the equivalent amount of $GRAPE.

Additionally before we start, we need to be sure to have a way (we do via lighthouse ) we can remove/revoke that NTT in case the member seizes to be a DAO member.
This can also serve as a way to “upgrade(revoke the old& send the new)” your NTT ie 3x month DAO membership (cooler graphics too as you progress)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.