In response to: Reputation system for GRAPE
----Defining Attestation Fields—
From concept to reality, how do we as GRAPE measure the contribution activity and value creation within the community. We will issue attestations to GRAPE members which will then be used for governance to help with decisions GRAPE is making.
NTTs seem to offer a nice experiment for GRAPE to transition from an equity-based (moor GRAPE+moor vote) format into one that allows the “earning of user-governance” and would incorporate a “DAO/human relationship” aspect for a fair share of voting (merit over your bag). Might need to read that again*
–“Essentially, stronger voting power to the true contributors of GRAPE.”
The framework for reputation based NTTs or SBTs (I use them interchangeably, chill) can 100% be utilized into the DAO framework that GRAPE will look to build; potentially as a blueprint for other Solana DAOs as well.
Two questions came to mind……
- What are the needs of the DAO
- What do we value the most?
Attestations to consider building out and what we want to capture
(poll vote later, some are vague on purpose)
- Achievements (proposal creation, hosting an AMA)
- Participation (discord call, twitter space, feedback)
- Contributions (designs, content creation)
These can and need to be broken down into two areas, “objective” (easily retrievable info on-chain) and “subjective( off-chain and not collectible).”
GRAPE Web3 Identity will focus into 2 areas
-earn reputation milestones NFTs
I think this would be fun to showcase contributions on a deeper level.
This would also eliminate the need for NFT membership for me.
Milestones Examples: * Omega GRAPE * Alpha GRAPE (x-men anybody?) * Etc. * Etc. * Etc. * Baby GRAPE > >>(This could be a fun design bounty down the road)
- (Do we or) Will these milestones carry reputation weight?
(point system or NFT towards governance)
A. Do we want automatic dynamic removal of these milestones?
- What should the name of our reputation or NTT program be?
-Podo (korean for GRAPE)
-Uva (spanish/latin for GRAPE)
- Multipliers; is this something we want to consider for (build into realms)
3.5. Should milestones grant access to gated areas or permissions?
A. Discord, Discourse, Twitter control
- (Should we) How do we limit the influence of early adopters within the community in respect to NTTs…assuming bad actors? Is this something we even want?
- How should we incorporate compensation tied to NTTs?
- Should we have the authority to revoke NTTs?
- Do we want qualifications/criteria in order to earn NTTs? (staked onto realms, membership level,)
- How would we develop a structure to maintain the issuance of NTTs?
A. on a sub-dao level, mulit sig level
B. How do we incentivize this. (receive attestations
- NTT for vote of elected positions within the DAO.
- Privacy of attestations?
- How many points do we give for an attestation, and how do we value a task?
- How can we establish a range for these attestations?
- How will we store attestation data?
- Consent Form: What consents do we want to have before issuing NTTs? What conditions do we want?
These are probably too much to consider for the time being, but wanted to jot down my thoughts and questions.
To discover which attestations we want to highlight for our community then build out form fields in a descriptive representative model that is ideally something easy to execute and understand.
This is obviously very new tech, any feedback would be appreciated as we continue to flesh this out. The purpose of this is to guide the conversation into something we can make for ourselves.
Cheers to Potrok and GodsLove for our chats on this.