[PROPOSAL] GRAPE USDC Budget Allocations (GUBA): Define USDC Pools

1. Proposal Purpose:

A.) PURPOSE: Support GRAPE DAO and Community participation with USDC incentives.

i. Define GRAPE USDC Budget Allocations (GUBA) Pools (i.e. GUBA, similar to approved proposal GRIP, but, GUBA uses USDC) to allocate portions of the Total USDC Supply available in GRAPE DAO treasury to support each initiative the GRAPE DAO defines as key to the DAO Organization, Community, and/or, Products or Services. Each Month, $8,333 USDC is allocated to 5 Pools, each with a defined percentage.

ii. Define USDC allocations percentages to simplify discussions related to rewarding participants with USDC, ensure DAO robustness, and enable simplified future DAO conversations for existing and new participants alike.

iii. Define and Implement the WORK PERFORM POOL with Defined Tasks discussed, reviewed and accepted by the DAO to open up voluntary participation of “operators” (a.k.a. graperators) within the DAO and/or Community. WORK PERFORM POOL has been codified into an objective RUBRIC scoring system, defined herein.

B.) CURRENT GOAL: Approve WORK PERFORM POOL and Define GUBA Allocations Pools

i. Set clear expectations and transparency about the amounts of USDC, the logic to distribute, and decisioning to support Grape Strategic Initiatives for ALL existing or new Members awareness.

ii. Define $USDC rewards for WORK a.k.a. Tasks that are recurring and require validation to ensure achieving USDC rewards. Future proposals will be submitted for the remaining Pools utilization, like DAO Org, Merit, Agility, and Bounty.

iii. This Proposal is to solidify the overall allocations and WORK POOL. Original formal discussion was proposed in March 2022. Since then many discussions and a few proposals have successfully been implemented to reward DAO Governance Participation rewards. So, this proposal is to ensure future allocations are defined for the 3 existing DAO rewards pools and remaining 3 pools in planning to define rules, but generally agreed upon per months of DAO Calls.

C.) CURRENT PROPOSAL

Please see the supporting documentation, proposal & voting details below and this Google Sheet

GUBA: Define USDC Budget & Allocations (Google Sheet)

NOTE: Snapshots and diagrams attached within this proposal summarize the details in the sheet.

2. Grape Proposal Overview:

A. BRIEF:

1. Pools are a broad allocation schema to define the amounts of USDC available via the GRAPE Realms DAO Treasury for each Initiative, or to each Individual.
  2. Pools are divided into portioned percentages to ensure enough USDC is available to reward specific actions, like DAO rewards, and for the purpose of this proposal: WORK PERFOR POOL.
  3. Eligibility for rewards is defined per Pool, but should follow some general guidelines i.e. Activity & Holder/Stake consistency over time are a potential added criterion for receiving rewards.
  4. Pool “rules” and amounts can be changed by a valid successful Community DAO Vote.
  5. Incentives are initiatives that GRAPE DAO Defines as Activity, Building, Community, Design, Education, or Value (ABCDEV)

B. Overview

• Define GRAPE USDC Budget Allocations as a template for future discussions.
  • Rewards require contributions & participation in GRAPE DAO confirmed initiatives or tasks.
  • Rewards model must incentivize promoting healthy participation, not be prohibitive or predatory.
  • Various DAOs have implemented various models, many of which have failed. This is a foundational step to avoid distractions and ensure focus.
  • WORK PERFORM POOL has been codified into a RUBRIC which has each Task scored based on 5 criteria. Tasks are defined to ensure individual operators can volunteer for tasks individually, as a team, and be held accountable by the DAO or Quality Quorum tasked with verifying tasks are completed & rewarded.

RUBRIC METHODOLOGY: CRITERIA, SCORE, and, REWARD CALCULATION

1. Task Type
  2. Urgency (I.e. Priority)
  3. Production Time (i.e. TTL)
  4. Quality (I.e. Output Expected)
  5. Complexity (I.e. Input Skill)

WORK PERFORM TASKS & RUBRIC SNAPSHOT

[Special Thanks to CryptoPawz and RiderInRed for contributing to the ideation phases and development of this methodology]

C. Eligibility Criteria:

• i. Participation will typically reviewed in “monthly” time frames and rewarded post-period.
  • ii. Eligibility is subject to each member holding/committing at least 70% of the rewarded $GRAPE amount balance to GRAPE REALMS DAO to receive future allocations or rewards, in USDC or any other token.
  • iii. Eligible Grape Members will receive allocations or rewards within the following Epoch/Month/Period, after the prior Epoch/Month/Period ends.
  • iv. Eligible DAO Initiatives, Organization, Administrative, Legal, Infrastructure, Products, Development, Services, or Bounty costs.
  • v. Costs should have invoices submitted for DAO documentation, or secured storage and accessible to authorized members to protect an private details members may wish to limit exposure of.
  • vi. More Details Defined inline

D. Multi-sig Approval/Management, Review, Distribution, & Execution:

• i. Allocations or Rewards confirmations will be published with insights regarding the criteria, successful work evidence or validation.
  • ii. A unique Governance in Realms with a unique account/wallet per pool will be established to track the allocations from the DAO to Pools, and, from the Pools to Participants. DAO will transfer USDC to the Realms Pool Account every 3 Months (i.e. Quarterly).
  • iii. A group of DAO members entrusted with allocating and validating the USDC will ensure this process is maintained. NO single member will receive allocations rewards to distribute, unless they are to pay for services that require off-chain payments.
  • iv. Distribution of allocations & rewards will be evaluated and confirmed each month/epoch/period, and each Quarter the DAO will review if % allocations are appropriate.

3. Stakeholders

• WORK Perform Task “Operators” are volunteers who actively sign-up to own tasks and successfully complete per descriptions defined in the attached spreadsheet.
  • Quality Quorum + DAO Approves & Verifies Eligible Recipients using logic defined within this proposal documentation and attachments.
  • GRAPE DAO & Community Members: Existing, New, and, Future.

4. Costs/Resource Requirements:

GRIP % Pool Allocations Defined & Aligned per Initiative

e.g. GRIP WORK PERFORM POOL = 39.07%

GRAPE USDC Budget Allocations Recap:

• Pool for each Initiative can not exceed the % amounts defined per this Vote (Unless otherwise altered by future successful DAO Vote). This rule applies to ALL GRAPE DAO USDC Budget Allocations Pools.
  • Potential Key Metrics to Defining Reward Pool Sizes
    – Total Supply of $USDC available to GRAPE Community: 8,333.33 USDC per Month/Epoch/Period
    – WORK PERFORM POOL: DAO will transfer of 9,450 USDC per Quarter a.k.a. every 3 Months/Epochs/Periods to GRIP/GUBA Realms Governance Account/Wallet.
    – Total Estimated USDC Supply Available: 25,000 USDC per Quarter or 100,000 USDC per 12 Months (1 Year). This provides a minimum of 3-4 Years of Funding.
    – Work, Tasks, Rubric Scores, and Completion Defined, Measured & Quality Assured
    – DAO may create votes for initiatives outside of this allocation, which must be proposed and verified by DAO Proposal & Majority Votes.

SNAPSHOT OF GUBA GRID OF ALL POOL RULES :wink:

Title: GRAPE USDC Budget Allocations (GUBA): Define USDC Pools
Authors: @Arximedis
Contributors/Feedback: *Grape DAO Members*)
Created: 2022-10-14
Updated: 2023-11-18
Stage: Proposal
Discussions-To: 
Category: "Governance", "Governance Logic",  "Incentive Parameters", "Governance Rewards", "Governance Reputation", "USDC Allocations"
Implementations: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WmedROmZRENATKx4bUfn5beKOQn7GdyyYuiHhIF61fQ/edit?usp=sharing
Audits: TBD

:grapes:

References (Inspirations):
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.