1. Proposal Purpose:
This is a formal proposal to put forward a new Emissions Model that can be managed and maintained by the DAO, focused on specific GRAPE Initiatives & Incentives to drive adoption, rewards and participation, into the future.
A.) The initial concept of this proposal was posted for discussion on 1 of 2 Discussion Posts about Metrics & Methods AND Models & Merits.
Ongoing Discussion regarding Metrics: [Discussion] Emissions Model Review: Part 1 of 2 - Metrics & Methods
Specific Concept about Emissions Model: [Discussion] Emissions Model Review: Part 2 of 2 - Models & Merits - #6 by Arximedis
B.) This Proposal aim to remedy flaws in the Past model:
1.) SubDAO “Pools” were in pre-defined amounts requested, tracked, allocated, and rewarded BY subDAOs to… themselves with little oversight from the DAO, Boards, or Councils. The full subDAO Emissions were almost always utilized, and there were no Govenance methods in place to require holding or decisioning within a subDAO (Rewards without Governance). SubDAOs lacked a number of processes and DAO failed to implement requirements or impose limits.
2.) Some subDAOs produced “work” in multiple instances (although it is more accurate to suggest this work done by a handful of “Individuals” each Epoch, rather than the entire “Groups”.
3.) “Work” was defined by Productivity alone, and whether work was Done as a Binary Yes or No. Tiers assigned to subDAO members tracked “Performance”, BUT Performance is different per subDAO and some subDAOs had objective measures of work produced (i.e. Designers/Videographers) v.s. others with more subjective (i.e. Researchers).
4.) “Value” was too loosely defined because ALL Emissions depended on subjective constructs of “contribution”.
5.) Treasury, Membership & “Verified” Productivity that contribute to GRAPE were sparingly if ever utilized.
2. Grape Proposal Overview:
This proposal aims to implement a MODEL Framework for “Emissions” which are redefined as “Rewards”. This change in structure will help to address 8 Key Initiatives for GRAPE and Incentives to drive participation. Organize available Grape each Epoch period or Quarter in Grape Initiatives & Incentives Pools to drive those Initiatives. GRAPE that is defined as “allocation” does NOT need to be utilized unless criteria currently under review is defined and confirmed. This proposal defines 8 POOLs that are pre-defined allocations but must each be released to members based on successfully meeting defined criteria AND those criteria are either suggested in this proposal or can be defined by the DAO for an alternative. To avoid conflating the issues of Metrics v.s. Model, I would like to request that the DAO consider reviewing each Pool individually and confirming/ascribing the appropriate “metrics” criteria to each to enable the release of rewards to members. (EACH POOL WOULD BE A SEPARATE GOVERNANCE TREASURY WALLET IN REALMS - UNDER GRAPE DAO REALMS)
This documentation includes DAO “Rewards” Model GRID [Emissions]
SAMPLE Metrics Dashboard - Google Sheets
NOTE: This documentation also contains “Metrics” which can compliment this proposal, however, I am truly interested in addressing the current stagnant conversation around a true Emissions Model that can carry Grape forward, rather than debate semantics.
Grape Strategic Initiatives [Incentives]
- DAO Pool [DAO Participation/Voting/Staking]
- Membership Pool [Membership Growth/Retention] (Review)
- Liquidity Pool [Liquidity/PoL/LP/Bonds]
- Base Performance Pool [Work Produced/Utilized/Productivity/Tiers]
- Bonus Treasury Pool(s) [Merit/Treasury Fund Inflow/Outflows/Contributions]
- Excess Strategic Pool(s) [Strategy/Time-Sensitive/New Ideas/Marketing]
- Bounty/Grant Pool [Development/Building/Products/Outsourcing]
- Prize Pool [Community/Contests/Events]
"Participation" Guideline Concepts
- 12 Epoch Governance periods per calendar year OR 4 Epoch Quarters
- Each Member must commit and LOCK GRAPE balance for entire duration of each Epoch Governance Period or Quarter to receive Rewards.
- Each Epoch Period or Quarter will have at least 1 Proposal & 1 Vote Required per Member
- Grape Members are required (or encouraged) to Vote in Every Epoch Voting Session. (Delegated option n/a currently)
- Every proposal to be voted contains a link to Documentation (i.e. Discourse) supporting it.
- Eligible Grape Members claim rewards at the end of each Epoch Period or Quarter.
- Reward levels are tied to the Realms Grape Staked per Member & Calculated by % of Votes Cast or Must have Voted on ALL Realms Proposals within the Epoch Period/Quarter.
- DAO Rewards pool for each Epoch period/quarter is voted by DAO Vote and can not exceed 20% of Grape Emissions Budget and/or can not exceed 1% of Circulating or Total Supply (Unless otherwise altered by DAO Vote)
DAO “Rewards” Model GRID [Emissions] - PROPOSED POOLS
DAO “Rewards” Model GRID [Emissions] - Criteria Groups & Performance KPIs:
GRAPE DAO, SubDAOs, Community Members & Other GRAPE Stakeholders
4. Costs/Resource Requirements:
Not More Than the Total Emissions Approved by the DAO for Emissions.
Current Proposal is using the previous: 5,000,000 GRAPE “available” as the hypothetical “Budget”.